Magical Paths Begging To Be Walked
Roads and paths pervade our literature, poetry, artwork, linguistic expressions and music. Even photographers can’t keep their eyes (and lenses) off of a beautiful road or path, which is why we collected this list of 28 amazing photos of paths.
Paths like these have a powerful grip on the human imagination – they can bring adventure, promise and change or solitude, peace and calm. There’s nothing like a walk down a beautiful path to clear your head – or to fill it with ideas!
I’ll leave you with an excellent quote from J. R. R. Tolkien’s works while you enjoy these images; “It’s a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don’t keep your feet, there’s no knowing where you might be swept off to.“
- Autumn In The White Carpathians : Janek Sedlar
- Rhododendron Laden Path, Mount Rogers, Virginia, USA: Robert Ziegenfuss
- Spring In Hallerbos Forest, Belgium: Kilian Schönberger
- Autumn Path In Kyoto, Japan: Takahiro Bessho
- Autumn Path: Lars Van Der Goor
- Bamboo Path In Kyoto, Japan: Yuya Horikawa
- Hitachi Seaside Park Path In Japan: nipomen2
- Dark Hedges In Ireland: Stephen Emerson
- Winter Forest Path, Czech Republic: Jan Machata
- Path Under Blooming Trees In Spring: Emanuel Costinas
The Science Behind Being Knocked Out
Knockouts happen because the brain isn’t completely glued to the skull; it has room for movement. A kick or punch to the jaw can displace it
For the most part, the brain is secured by blood vessels and nerves that are integrated between the skull and different layers of tissue
When the jaw is kicked with enough force, the brain and nerves reach a critical point where they can’t sustain consciousness
As the blood vessels get stretched out, they’re not able to sustain the continued blood supply the brain may need, and the person may black out immediately.